I ordered Georgia O'Keeffe: Living Modern yesterday. It was the winner of the 2018 Dedalus Foundation Exhibition Catalogue Award. Now I have to wait two weeks for delivery.
A couple of years ago the Museum of Contemporary Art in Denver exhibited perhaps three of O'Keeffe's paintings alongside many works by other artists whom she inspired. I was most fascinated by the film footage of O'Keeffe in her own surroundings.
I hope it won't be too long before I can return to the O'Keefe Museum in Santa Fe, New Mexico. Nearby Ghost Ranch is certainly on my bucket list. Although there is nothing about COVID 19 on the Ghost Ranch website ghostranch.org, I believe the ranch is one of the sites of the O'Keeffe Museum, so it is probably closed until further notice.
If life ever gets back to "normal"-this year or next- we will definitely plan a road trip to Santa Fe for our summer wedding anniversary. We often celebrate in New Mexico where my husband spent much of his boyhood. The 8-hour drive from Denver is beautiful and we usually see many American antelope not far from the highway in southern Colorado.

No comments:
Post a Comment