I'm thinking of renaming this monotype. Is there any reason I shouldn't? I've liked this print ever since I made it last year but I could never quite get it to tell me its name. It has appeared in two exhibits with the title "Messy as life." When one of my printmaking friends viewed it recently, she looked at the print, and at the title and said, "hmmm!" I told her I had never really liked the title and am thinking of renaming it "Virus." She responded, "I can see that."
So I am thinking that when it comes down I'll rechristen it "Virus." I ask again, " is there any reason I shouldn't?"
"Messy as Life", perhaps soon to be "Virus" is a monoprint made with Charbonnel oil-based etching inks on archival printmaking paper. It is 20 inches tall by 16.5 inches wide, framed.

No comments:
Post a Comment