Thursday, October 8, 2020

"Resist" to become a series

In April I wrote about one of ten photopolymer etchings that seemed to be in transition. I was unsure whether the print was finished. It wasn't, and isn't, but now I know how I will finish it. The ten prints are well on their way to being a series called "Resist" with ten different ideas that are variations on the series name. 

In September I wanted to enter a women's exhibit in a California gallery. I pulled out another print of the ten "Resist" prints. It became "Resist: Red." I played around with a drypoint image of a fist, but it wasn't working and then I misplaced the plate. (I can't wait to see where I use it if it ever resurfaces)!

 Finding the scale to be good, I laser copied my own fist using only black ink onto "paper" made of banana fiber. With that image, scraps of the fiber, and a small piece of blue Asian tissue, I finished the print. 

On the morning that I learned of Ruth Bader Ginsburg's death, I wrote a dedication on the back of the print, "Shine on, RBG. Remembering your life, your work, and your courage."




No comments:

Post a Comment